The nature of today’s network security threats has evolved. While basic L2-4 firewall functionality is still a mandatory element of network security, new breeds of dynamic attacks are wreaking more havoc than ever before. Not only can these attacks render a traditional firewall useless, they also require a constantly updated attack database that guarantees protection. And, they absolutely must have a hardware platform that can withstand the rigors of real-time intrusion prevention while maintaining strong levels of performance.
The PRO 5060 can be easily managed remotely as part of a multi-firewall and VPN environment through a Web interface or using SonicWALL’s industry-leading Global Management System (GMS). This gives network administrators an economical yet powerful set of tools for rapid deployment, configuration, and management of global security policies from a central location.
The SonicWALL PRO 5060, part of SonicWALL’s PRO Series Internet Security Platform, is a high-performance, multi-service gigabit network security platform that protects users and critical network resources from the dynamic, sophisticated threats that put today’s corporate networks at risk. The PRO 5060 integrates high-speed intrusion prevention, content filtering, gateway-enforced anti-virus, advanced wireless LAN features, stateful inspection firewall and IPSec VPN into a single solution that is easy to deploy and manage. Available in both 10/100/1000 copper and copper/fiber interface versions, the PRO 5060 incorporates a wide array of networking and security features, making it the ideal solution for a multitude of applications.
In addition to gigabit stateful inspection performance, the PRO 5060 ships with SonicOS Enhanced, enabling business continuity and flexibility features such as ISP fail-over, WAN redundancy and load balancing, object and policy-based management and more. The PRO 5060 also integrates support for SonicWALL’s advanced security services and comes standard with 2,000 Global VPN Client licenses, ViewPoint reporting software, one year of Intrusion Prevention Service, 30 days of Content Filtering Service and gateway-enforced Network Anti-virus and 90 days of SonicWALL support. With SonicWALL’s PRO 5060, get the performance you want and the protection you need.
To view screen shots of the features in SonicOS Enhanced, click on the following links:
To learn more, please view the PRO 5060 portion of our Comprehensive Product Demo.
Key Features & Benefits
Comprehensive Multi-layered Security. Based on SonicWALL’s ultra-high performance Deep Packet Inspection architecture, the PRO 5060 provides everything needed for secure connectivity by integrating SonicWALL’s suite of security services including intrusion prevention, content filtering and gateway-enforced anti-virus without the need to integrate separate devices.
- Industry-leading Intrusion Prevention. The PRO 5060 integrates SonicWALL’s intrusion prevention technology, which features a configurable, ultra-high performance Deep Packet Inspection engine that uses parallel searching algorithms up through the application layer to deliver increased attack prevention capabilities over those supplied by traditional stateful packet inspection firewalls.
- Dedicated High-performance Hardware Architecture. By offloading processing overhead associated with encryption, the PRO 5060 deliver the best possible performance: up to 1+ Gbps Stateful Packet Inspection Firewall and 500 Mbps 3DES and AES VPN throughput.
- Integrated Wireless LAN Services. The PRO 5060’s distributed WLAN capabilities allow easy integration of advanced WLAN services within the organization’s existing network and security architectures. Utilizing SonicWALL SonicPoints, organizations can offer wireless guest services, AP-to-AP roaming, wireless intrusion detection and more.
- ISP Fail-over and Load Balancing. The PRO 5060 offers the ability to designate one of the user-assigned ports as a secondary WAN port that can be used in both “active-active” and" active-passive" fail-over configuration, providing a highly efficient method for distributing or load sharing outbound WAN traffic.
- Hardware AES Support. The PRO 5060 reflects SonicWALL’s commitment to next-generation open security standards by including hardware-based acceleration support for the AES encryption algorithm.
- Multiple Interfaces per Security Zone. Network administrators can group multiple physical interfaces on the PRO 5060 into logical "zones" for ease of management and flexibility. This provides tremendous flexibility, scalability and added internal security when deploying SonicWALL firewalls in various network topologies.
- Object/Policy-based Management. The PRO 5060 provides the ability to define an object such as a user group, network, service or interface. When security policies change, the administrator can modify the pre-defined object and propagate the changes instantly without redefining rules. This enables businesses to implement and manage security policies easily and consistently.
- Policy-based NAT. In addition to NAT (many-to-one) functionality, the PRO 5060 exposes control of NAT policies to administrators for one-to-one NAT, many-to-many NAT, one-to-many NAT, inbound Port Address Translation (PAT), flexible NAT (for overlapping IP addresses), as well as NAT policies on selective source/destination/source translations. The result is greater control and flexibility to support and manage various NAT requirements.
- Comprehensive Central Management Support. Every SonicWALL Internet security appliance can be managed using SonicWALL's award-winning Global Management System, which provides network administrators with the tools for simplified configuration, enforcement and management of global security policies, VPN, and services, all from a central location.
Note: Acrobat Reader required to view PDF Documents.
SonicWALL PRO 5060 Datasheet (pdf)